The lad from Malappuram didn’t leave any stone unturned to achieve his dream to play for Kerala Blasters. This is what he had to say when one of our own IFTWC member, Pratheesh K. Plavish interviewed him.
Q) Tell us about your early days of football.
– I started playing football in a summer coaching camp in my village. Mr. Manoj Sir, he is my first coach and he took me to football. After that, I joined Malabar Special Police Sports Hostel in 9th Standard. Binoy C James was the coach of MSP. He taught me many good things and MSP changed my life into football.
Q) What inspired you to take football seriously?
– My coach Manoj Sir, who was my first coach, he always told me that you have great future in football. His words made me to take football seriously.
Q) How did you make up your mind to become professional footballer?
– I like football more than anything. So I choose to be a professional footballer because if I do a job that I like to do, that makes me happy.
Q) How did you join Gokulam Kerala FC?
– Bino George, the head coach of Gokulam, he knew me earlier. One day, Gokulam and University team Calicut played a friendly match after that Bino George called me to sign for Gokulam Kerala FC.
Q) Are you disappointed because you couldn’t play for National Team?
– I’m not disappointed because in the national team, there are so many good players who are better than me but i want to play for the national team one day. I think when the time comes I will play that is my dream.
Q) Who is your role model or an inspiration? Who you always think when you play?
– My role model and inspiration is Anasikka (Anas Edathodika). He is a great player and great human being. His dedication in the ground is unbelievable.
Q) How supportive are your parents? Please tell us about your family.
– My family is very supportive for me to play football. They are very happy when they watch my matches. My father name is Jayaraj he is a driver in KSRTC (Kerala State Road Transport Corporation), my mother is a school teacher her name is Jyothi and I have a sister. Her name is Anju.
Q) What do you think about the new Indian Senior team coach Mr. Igor Stimac?
– I think he is a good coach. His style of play is ball possession and passing game in the ground. Everyone like that type of gameplay I think.
Q) What advice would you like to give to young footballers?
– Work hard the result will come for sure. Maybe it will take time but work hard.
Q) What do you think rivalry between KBFC and GKFC?
– In my opinion there is no rivalry. Both team are competitive in their own league and both teams are trying to be the best. I think that is good for both clubs.
Q) Was it your dream to play for Kerala Blasters FC?
– Sure. I watch ISL from the first season. Every footballer will have a dream that to play in front of a huge crowd like Manjappada in Kochi stadium.
Q) What would you like to tell Manjappada what they can expect from you this season?
– Come and support Kerala Blasters. I will try my maximum to help the team to win the trophy.