It was a Premier league matchday at the Saint James Park. Arsene Wengers’s Arsenal were facing Newcastle United. Just after ten minutes, Robert Pires who also played for FC Goa played a through ball towards Dennis Bergkamp. Dennis chipped the ball from his left foot over the Newcastle United defender Nikos Dabizas. Dennis ran from the opposite side and finished it with his right foot.
Ever imagined that we would witness same kind of goal in Indian football? Well, Rahul KP raised the eyebrows of everyone by doing that.
Latest Articles –
- AFC Champions League – Mumbai City FC suffer fifth straight defeat
- Odisha FC Dominates Mohun Bagan with a Commanding Victory in Thrilling AFC Cup Showdown
- Indian Football Team Faces Tough Defeat Against Powerhouse Qatar in FIFA World Cup Qualifiers
- Key Takeaways From I-League 2023/24 Matchweek 5
- 2026 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers – Can high-flying team India stun Asian powerhouse Qatar in their backyard?
Islanders Mumbai City FC were facing the young Indian Arrows side in the Hero Super Cup. Score was 0-0 until Rahul did the unthinkable. It was 76th minute when Aniket Jadhav played the ball from the wings. Rahul was closely marked by the Romanian Lucian Goian. Rahul chipped the ball over Goian from his right foot and passed the ball into the net. Commentators, fans and everyone on the pitch were stunned after seeing the magical two touch goal by Rahul. His goal was identical to the one Bergkamp scored. It was double delight for him as he scored the goal on his birthday (16th March).
Although Indian Arrows lost that goal in the first half of Extra time. Everton Santos scored the winner. Rahul’s goal was equalized by late penalty scored by Achille Emana. Will we see Rahul do similar sort of skill next season?